Sport Premium & Impact Report
Sport Premium Funding
Information quoted from the DfE:
Schools must spend the additional funding on improving their provision of PE & sport, but they will have the freedom to choose how they do this.
Possible uses for the funding might include:
- Hiring specialist PE teachers or qualified sports coaches to work with primary teachers when teaching PE.
- Supporting and engaging the least active children through new or additional Change4Life clubs.
- Paying for professional development opportunities for teachers in PE and sport.
- Providing cover to release primary teachers for professional development in PE and sport.
- Running sport competitions, or increasing pupils’ participation in school games.
- Buying quality-assured professional development modules or materials for PE and sport.
- Providing places for pupils on after school sports clubs and holiday clubs.
- Pooling the additional funding with that of other local schools.
From September 2013, schools have been held to account over how they spend their additional, ringfenced funding. Ofsted will strengthen the coverage of PE and sport within the ‘Inspectors’ handbook’ and supporting guidance so that both schools and inspectors know how sport and PE will be assessed in future as part of the school’s overall provision.
Lumen Schools will be pooling their resources in order to maximise the opportunities of working together. Our intended outcomes for Sport Premium expenditure and the subsequent impact can be found in the reports below.