We encourage our children to take a pride in their appearance. To this end all pupils are expected to wear the prescribed school uniform, as we believe this is an important element in helping to develop a sense of belonging to Echelford. We ask parents to support us in this policy by ensuring that children are sent to school correctly dressed.
Our school uniform is available to purchase from Shepperton Sports & Ski either in person at their shop located in Shepperton High Street (open Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 5.00pm), online via http://www.sheppertonsportsandski.co.uk or by using their Click & Collect Service. This service enables parents and carers to place orders and make payment directly with our supplier via telephone on 01932 225 718 and then collect their purchase from the school office every first and third Wednesday of the month during term time. Current price lists can be found on their website.
Our school uniform is compulsory for all pupils and includes the following -
Grey pinafore dress
Royal blue V-neck knitted jumper with school logo or
Royal blue V-neck sweatshirt with school logo or
Royal blue V-neck knitted cardigan with school logo
Royal blue and silver school tie (KS2 only)
White cotton shirt (KS2 only)
White polo shirt with school logo (KS1 only)
Black or grey socks (NOT trainer socks)
Black or grey tights
Black sensible outdoor shoes with velcro, buckle or laces
(NOT trainers, Vans, canvas shoes, jelly shoes, sandals, high heels, ballerina/dolly shoes)
Warm and waterproof outdoor coat or anorak
Blue and white checked summer dress (can be worn with white socks from Easter to October)
Royal blue round necked t-shirt with school logo
Navy blue shorts
Trainers (Years 1- 6)
Plain navy or black tracksuit without logos e.g. Nike, Puma
Echelford draw string bag for PE Kit with school logo
Book bag with school logo (KS1 only)
Royal blue school cap with school logo
Please ensure that all items of clothing are clearly marked with your child's name.
- ALL children with shoulder-length or longer hair must have it completely tied back; hair should not be worn in a half-up-half-down style.
- Hair bands should be small and plain in the neutral colours of white, black, brown, beige and blue only.
- Decorative and large accessories such as bows and long ribbons are not appropriate for school as they serve no functional purpose.
- Short hair should be uniform in length i.e. not shaved in one part and excessively long elsewhere.
- Extreme hair styles are not permitted in school; this includes patterns cut into hair e.g. tram lines, excessive use of hair products e.g. gel and the use of hair dye in non-natural colours or bleach.