Our pupils are growing up in a world of ever-changing technology. While we feel that the use of technology is a largely positive aspect of modern life, we cannot ignore the risks that can be associated.
Throughout the school we aim to teach children:
• about the impact of cyber-bullying and what to do if they have been affected
• to be vigilant when communicating online recognising that people may not always be who they say they are and to be sensible about what they share
• to tell an adult they trust if something is upsetting them
• to question the reliability of information given through a web based source
• to search responsibly for information while using internet browsers
We understand that much of our pupil's use of the internet will occur at home, away from the school filters.
Below are a list of useful websites, advice and resources that will help you to understand how to communicate the message of safety to your children at home: